Monday, February 01, 2010

HK poster a day #15 - The Last Blood / 驚天12小時


The Last Blood / 驚天12小時 (1991)
UK re-title: Hard Boiled 2
Director: Wong Jing
Action Director: Blacky Ko Sau-Leung
Cast: Alan Tam Wing-Lun, Andy Lau Tak-Wah, Eric Tsang Chi-Wai, Leung Kar-Yan

My intern and I are busy archiving and cross indexing the posters today and we came across this one. Showed her the trailer and told her how it was one of the first HK laser discs that I rented, to which she asked, "What's a laser disc?" Kids these days... I need to take a better picture of the main picture, but like the two alternative styles of the poster.

Here is the UK video trailer were it was marketed as HARD BOILED 2, which actually works even though the showdown in a hospital is the only connection...

1 comment:

Dan North said...

THanks for the reminder of THe Last Blood. When I first got interested in HK movies in the UK, there were always trailers for it, and it took me a while to submit to the shameless marketing as Hard Boiled II. I think it was the scene with all the air-hostess assassins that finally sold it to me....