Sunday, March 25, 2007

"homesick" for Hong Kong

Okay, so HK is not my home. But I miss it so right now. At this point last year I was visiting for my 4th time. I was scheduled to go but cancelled my trip since I had much to catch up with here in Toronto. Now I read of the things I could have been doing and seeing as we get yet another dumping of snow. Boo-hoo...

Going to turn this around and share some of the pics and things that I didn't pull out after I got back last year. First up is this pic of a grisly HK comic from the 70s that I saw in one of the maze like pop culture malls on Nathan Road. More to come...


From Edshugeo The GodMoor comes this comment:
Is that comicbook an adaptation of Condor Heroes? The markings on the severed heads resemble the Baigyu Fist technique, which I just realized is being used on the hero (I thought his head was being smashed by a rock). The ghoulish figure could easily be Sister Mei (I forget the rest of her name) and the two kids, Guo Jing and Huang Rong. Just finished the first 19 episodes of the 1983 version of Legend of, so this stuff is still fresh on my mind...
Thanks for pointing that out. He just might have something there as the finger size holes on the heads could be the work of Iron Corpse, Mistress of the White Eagle Claw! Check my review of the TV series (that I am still only half way through) over at Twitch Film.

1 comment:

Edshugeo The GodMoor said...

Is that comicbook an adaptation of Condor Heroes? The markings on the severed heads resemble the Baigyu Fist technique, which I just realized is being used on the hero (I thought his head was being smashed by a rock). The ghoulish figure could easily be Sister Mei (I forget the rest of her name) and the two kids, Guo Jing and Huang Rong.
Just finished the first 19 episodes of the 1983 version of Legend of, so this stuff is still fresh on my mind...